[Public WebGL] Interest in promoting to draft, and implementing, WEBGL_dynamic_texture

Mark Callow [email protected]
Wed Jun 5 18:42:09 PDT 2013

On 2013/06/06 6:45, Benoit Jacob wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> What are the remaining open issues preventing WEBGL_dynamic_texture from
> being promoted to draft and implemented?
>
> What can I do to help resolve these?
>
> Following the EGL streams extensions definitely seems like the right
> approach to this problem; from a naive reading of the
> WEBGL_dynamic_texture specification, it seems like the general approach
> is the right one and issues would be in details that would be best
> investigated in the process of working on an experimental implementation.
Hi Benoit

The current draft spec. is insufficient in regards to synchronization
capabilities. I am working on an update which will draw on OpenML and
the recent EGL_ANDROID_presentation_time extension and accounts for the
web approach of having a presentation time for each frame instead of a
pre-set frame rate. The spec. should not be promoted until this update.

It will be easier for accurate synchronization if we had an explicit
present call for the drawing buffer. I know this has come up in other
threads. My current plan is to present 2 alternatives in the updated
spec: with and without an explicit present call. However this is subject
to change according to issues that may come up as I write the draft.

I am delighted to hear a strong request for this extension. It will give
me impetus to get back to it and complete the update.

Regards

    -Mark

--
注意:この電子メールには、株式会社エイチアイの機密情報が含まれている場合
が有ります。正式なメール受信者では無い場合はメール複製、 再配信または情

NOTE: This electronic mail message may contain confidential and
privileged information from HI Corporation. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, photocopying, distribution or use of the
contents of the received information is prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete this message and all related copies.