[Public WebGL] Typed array spec update on endianness

Mark Callow [email protected]
Thu Jun 27 19:56:34 PDT 2013

On 2013/06/28 0:22, Kenneth Russell wrote:
> The ECMAScript committee recently reversed an earlier decision to
> specify the typed array views (like Uint16Array and Float32Array, but
> not DataView) as operating on little-endian data:
>
>   https://github.com/rwldrn/tc39-notes/blob/master/es6/2013-05/may-21.md
The minutes say they  have decided to leave endianness unspecified in
ES6. I think what you have done below is better.
> Since their inception, the intent of these view types has been to work
> with the host processor's endianness, but until now this has not been
> specified. The typed array editor's draft has now been updated to
> specify this behavior:
>
>   http://www.khronos.org/registry/typedarray/specs/latest/#2.1
>   http://www.khronos.org/registry/typedarray/specs/latest/#7
>   http://www.khronos.org/registry/typedarray/specs/latest/#8
>
> Please send any feedback on these changes to the list.
Excellent. Couldn't be clearer.

Regards

    -Mark

--
注意:この電子メールには、株式会社エイチアイの機密情報が含まれている場合
が有ります。正式なメール受信者では無い場合はメール複製、 再配信または情

NOTE: This electronic mail message may contain confidential and
privileged information from HI Corporation. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, photocopying, distribution or use of the
contents of the received information is prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete this message and all related copies.