[Public WebGL] 8-bit (indexed) PNG files

Kenneth Russell [email protected]
Sat Apr 26 10:56:26 PDT 2014

Gregg, if it works in 2D canvas then yes, it's a bug in WebGL's
image-to-texture upload path. Not sure the spec needs to be modified since
it doesn't enumerate the browser's supported image formats.

Could you please file a bug? Also, would it be possible for you to send a
pull request for a WebGL conformance test?

Thanks,

-Ken