[Public WebGL] Re: retrograde webgl support levels
Tue Nov 4 00:56:21 PST 2014
The first few days of November stats are in (Saturday, Sunday and Monday).
It's looking very good overall, with *webgl support standing at 80.4%*.
Congratulations to the Microsoft IE team, WebGL support on desktops is up 8%
from last month to *80%* this month, (at least with the limited demographic
I see). This beats Firefox down 5% from last month to *76% *this month.
OSX Safari which has been a troublesome spot for WebGL is also making good
progress, up 16% from last month to *30%* this month.
Chrome has fixed their blacklist issue and is in the process of recovering
previously lost WebGL support level and with *92%* this month they're
standing near their average support level again.
Several extensions have seen implementations come online such as:
- *EXT_shader_texture_lod*: Chrome and Opera on desktops, not supported
by IE and firefox
- *EXT_frag_depth*: Chrome, Firefox and Opera on desktops, not supported
by IE and Safari
- *EXT_blend_minmax: *Chrome, Firefox and Opera on desktops, not
supported by IE and Safari
Some points of concern:
- Browser fragmentation on Android is an issue with many of the custom
browsers rarely updating their engine, and replacement of the built-in
android browser with chrome mobile is slow.
- Neither Safari nor Firefox implement WEBGL_debug_renderer_info. It's
commendable that IE and Chrome do implement it, thank you guys!
- EXT_disjoint_timer_query isn't implemented so far. This would be a
useful tool among other things, to improve the conformance tests.
- IE mobile and Android browser (built in) doesn't implement
OES_standard_derivatives (nearly universally implemented by any other
I've also added recording of WebGL2 and its parameters to
http://webglstats.com/ . I'm looking forward to integrate this data on the
site once implementations come online, and explore the ranges of the 26 new
parameters that'll come with WebGL 2.0.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the public_webgl