[Public WebGL] WEBGL_debug_shader_precision extension proposal

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Thu Nov 6 03:18:08 PST 2014

I was under the impression that if you request mediump/lowp in a shader,
that you can get it, correct me if that's a wrong assumption.

If that is not the case, then an extension to ensure to get mediump/lowp
behavior is very much welcome.

There's a few suggestions I'd have:

   - It'd be nice if this extension existed in the GL and ES registry as
   well to ensure it can be widely supported.
   - In order to isolate issues better, it'd be beneficial to apply
   emulation to single shaders, rather than all shaders compiled after
   requesting the extension.