[Public WebGL] WEBGL_debug_shader_precision extension proposal

Mark Callow [email protected]
Tue Nov 11 14:15:59 PST 2014

> On Nov 12, 2014, at 6:20 AM, Jeff Gilbert <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> I think it's a bad idea to allow toggling after compilation. If you changed the setting afterwards and want it applied retroactively, we'd have to go back, re-translate, and recompile the shader. Shader recompilation is strongly out of vogue, so avoid it if possible.

I agree, no recompilation.

I think having to modify the shaders makes testing and debugging unnecessarily difficult. What’s wrong with an API toggle that applies to all *subsequent* calls to compileShader?

Regards

    -Mark