[Public WebGL] WEBGL_debug_shader_precision extension proposal

Mark Callow [email protected]
Tue Nov 11 14:23:52 PST 2014

> On Nov 12, 2014, at 7:19 AM, Florian Bösch <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> What's wrong with it is that it does not allow you to isolate an issue with any of your shader code buried in use somewhere in your application.

You have to find either the buried shader code or the buried call to compileShader for that shader. These efforts may or may not be much different, depending on the structure of your code. I would not object to supporting both an API toggle and a pragma, getting the best of both worlds.

Regards

    -Mark