[Public WebGL] WEBGL_debug_shader_precision extension proposal

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Wed Nov 12 04:04:30 PST 2014

Sorry for the off thread from before.

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Olli Etuaho <[email protected]> wrote:

> I also can't stress enough how widespread precision-related shader bugs
> are. I've seen them frequently in content developed by professional and
> hobbyist developers alike, every once in a while even in content that was
> specifically written with mobile devices in mind. If you're still not
> convinced, I'll have to look at other alternatives besides the extension,
> but something needs to be done, and I think tooling like this is a big part
> of the answer.

I agree that it's useful to have. Toggling the behavior wholesale could
also be integrated in the mobile emulation modes that're cropping up as in
Firefox developer.