[Public WebGL] IE11 wish list

Rafael Cintron [email protected]
Fri Nov 14 18:08:53 PST 2014

Thank you for your feature request, John.  We will consider it for a future version.  Looks like Tibor might well beat us to it.  ☺

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Tibor Ouden, den
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 12:37 PM
To: John Davis
Cc: public webgl
Subject: Re: [Public WebGL] IE11 wish list

Beginning of the month I started working on a glsl debugger in Javascript.
The idea is to parse the shader and create a modified shader which returns the value of the variable the user wants to inspect.
There will be some delay before the shader is compiled and has run but this is typically a few seconds.
If the tool stores the compiled shaders and other state needed for the inspection, the turn around time should be nearly instantaneous.
The difficulties are the retrieval of all relevant info from the parse tree, but it should be possible.
I hope to demo something by the end of next month.

Cheers,

Tibor

Any chance we can get a webgl shader debugger in IE11?