[Public WebGL] Re: texture_float should imply color_buffer_float

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Fri Nov 21 22:27:13 PST 2014

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 1:19 AM, Kenneth Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> OK. As much as I would prefer WebGL implementers not spend any more
> time refining 1.0, and instead focus on 2.0,

I think the idea of "retiring" WebGL 1.0 (and improvements made to it) is
vastly premature. I think that for at the next 2-4 years, WebGL 1.0 will
hold the vast majority of webgl availability share. Locking it into
unecessary technical limitations, because of "let's get WebGL 2.0 done"
always struck me as an unreasonably position.