[Public WebGL] WebVulkan and multithreaded command queue assembly

Ashley Gullen [email protected]
Wed Mar 4 09:06:34 PST 2015

The impression I get is that web workers are already the web's model for
threads and that seems unlikely to change. Canvas rendering from workers
already aims to lift draw call generation off the main thread. I would
guess getting the browser to manage the thread safety of canvas proxy draw
calls is much more practical than making the entire JS engine thread-safe.
I would think the most likely direction to go in is canvas rendering from
*multiple* workers - but how that works, or if it would even be useful,
probably needs to wait until there is at least a draft Vulkan spec!

Ashley