[Public WebGL] WebGL2 and no mapBuffer/mapBufferRange

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Wed Mar 4 10:10:35 PST 2015

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 7:07 PM, Zhenyao Mo <[email protected]> wrote:

> Basically we can't just return the pointer from glMapBufferRange to
> the javascript in read-only or write-only modes, because there is no
> mechanism to enforce read-only or write-only.

So what you're saying is there isn't a ReadOnlyArrayBuffer and
WriteOnlyArrayBuffer correct? If I'm not mistaken, returning ArrayBuffer
conformant objects, which impose additional restrictions shouldn't be
terribly hard.