[Public WebGL] Infinite loops allowed in WebGL 1.0 currently?

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Tue Mar 10 08:44:01 PDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 10:35 PM, Kenneth Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> Since supporting this feature is the clear direction both for mobile
> hardware and WebGL, I'd rather leave this corner case as is rather
> than trying to mandate that such loops must fail shader compilation.

Though it would be nice if the constant expression limitation was
consistently applied.

Is it a possibility to backport dynamic loop behavior from WebGL 2.0 to
WebGL 1.0 via an extension?