[Public WebGL] WebGL2 and no mapBuffer/mapBufferRange

Zhenyao Mo [email protected]
Mon Mar 16 11:20:26 PDT 2015

The efficient use cases that I see is: you map with INVALID* bit, so
you just get a pointer you can write to.  This saves you the extra
copying between CPU memory (js array) to vram, comparing with
bufferSubData. Unfortunately that benefit is no longer there for
non-in-process WebGL implementations.

Unless there is a way to map a vram pointer to other processes on all platforms.