[Public WebGL] using the same context with multiple canvases

Aleksandar Rodic [email protected]
Mon Mar 23 13:29:58 PDT 2015

The workaround I came up with was a canvas wrapper which migrates the real
canvas and its GL context at render time. The canvases which are not
rendering show static stand-in canvas with a copy of the image which was
last rendered.

This approach works great if you only update one canvas at a time. Rendering
to multiple canvases simultaneously causes expensive canvas migrations
(copying image data).

Aki