[Public WebGL] Proposal for WEBGL_compressed_texture_astc

Mark Callow [email protected]
Tue Mar 24 21:28:11 PDT 2015

> On Mar 25, 2015, at 2:11 AM, Christophe Riccio <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I submitted a proposal for WEBGL_compressed_texture_astc
> https://github.com/KhronosGroup/WebGL/pull/882 <https://github.com/KhronosGroup/WebGL/pull/882>
>
> I would appreciate comments and suggestion to make this extension progress.

I would change

"This extension exposes the compressed texture format defined in the KHR_texture_compression_astc_hdr <https://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/KHR/texture_compression_astc_hdr.txt> OpenGL ES extension LDR profile to WebGL.”

to the more standard

“This extension exposes the KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr functionality to WebGL.”

as that is the name string of the KHR extension this is mirroring. i.e just use the standard <mirrors> tag in the xml.

Otherwise LGTM.

We should do an HDR extension as well.

Regards

    -Mark