[Public WebGL] using the same context with multiple canvases

Javi Agenjo [email protected]
Wed Mar 25 06:52:55 PDT 2015

I just wanted to say that I rely in the same solution as Florian for my
materials editor, I considered for a long time using a secondary canvas,
but that implies that I must store the Images of every texture (instead of
removing them once uploaded to VRAM) in case another Canvas needs those
textures, so that increases the RAM I need for the whole application.

I still think that some kind of middle ground solution for those cases
would be great, not sharing the same resources but allowing cloning data
from one context to another directly, like passing the handler of another
texture to the texImage2D even if it those come from the same WebGL
Context. (I don't know if anyone has considered that option).