[Public WebGL] using the same context with multiple canvases

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Wed Mar 25 08:17:25 PDT 2015

Here's how I think it should work:

var gl = new WebGLContext();

var db1 = gl.createDrawingBuffer({antialias:true, stencil:false, ...});
var db2 = gl.createDrawingBuffer({antialias:false, stencil:true, ...});

var canvas1 = document.createElement('canvas');
var canvas2 = document.createElement('canvas');

canvas1.drawingBuffer = db1;
canvas2.drawingBuffer = db2;

var draw = function(){
  gl.bindDrawinBuffer(db1);