[Public WebGL] Proposal for the WEBGL_debug extension

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Thu Oct 1 10:48:36 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 7:18 PM, Emmanuel Gil Peyrot <
[email protected]> wrote:

> The main reason I started working on this extension was integration
> with existing GLES debugging tools, namely apitrace in my case.

Is it a correct statement to say that apitrace relies on KHR_debug to
identify the stream of commands of interest to the programmer (because
there's a lot of commands being executed by a browser), and therefore
allows you to inspect just the commands your WebGL context emitted?

Since you have experience in this field, could you comment on how vogl fits
into that picture? Is KHR/WebGL_debug something that could interoperate
with it?