[Public WebGL] Proposal for the WEBGL_debug extension

Emmanuel Gil Peyrot [email protected]
Fri Oct 2 04:14:39 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 08:38:10PM +0200, Florian Bösch wrote:
> I think another interesting question would be how this could be made to
> work with angle and Direct3D related debugging tools. Does Direct3D offer
> comparable functionality to KHR_debug?

I don’t know much about Direct3D, but if it has any performance/error
reporting ANGLE can translate it for the GLES application.  ANGLE is
here considered as the driver, using KHR_debug it can provide useful
information to the application, either what Direct3D is reporting, or
when it is taking a slow path due to some difference between both APIs
for example.

WEBGL_debug then exposes that information to WebGL.

--
Emmanuel Gil Peyrot
Collabora Ltd.