[Public WebGL] Proposal for the WEBGL_debug extension

Emmanuel Gil Peyrot [email protected]
Mon Oct 5 03:59:48 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 12:46:55PM +0200, Florian Bösch wrote:
> maybe add a note to the extension spec that KHR_debug is intended to be
> emulated on angle via the ID3d10/11InfoQueue functions.

I could add that, but is it really the right place, in a specification,
to tell about such implementation details?

What should we do then when somebody else will implement WebGL on top
of other APIs, say d3d12, Vulkan or Metal?  Will we have to update the
specification to tell them how to expose the feature?

--
Emmanuel Gil Peyrot
Collabora Ltd.