[Public WebGL] WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb

Kirill Dmitrenko [email protected]
Tue Jun 14 06:11:38 PDT 2016

It may be logical, but, as far as I know, not entirely true (unfortunately). Here's huge discussion on the matter: https://www.khronos.org/webgl/public-mailing-list/archives/1009/msg00000.php. I've understood from the thread that browsers interpret images differently (e.g., some ignore colour profile from image file and some don't). Also there is no guarantees that gamma-corrected WebGL buffer will be absolutely correctly composed to a page.

--
Kirill Dmitrenko
Yandex Maps Team