[Public WebGL] WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb

Christophe Riccio [email protected]
Tue Jun 14 07:37:58 PDT 2016

issue 22 says:
"Should the new COMPRESSED_SRGB_* formats be listed in an implementation's
GL_COMPRESSED_TEXTURE_FORMATS list?"

@Ken, I don't know what are the specific with WebGL but my expectation is
that all the compressed formats should be included by
GL_COMPRESSED_TEXTURE_FORMATS
but I also expect the extension string to be present.

@Florian, with EXT_sRGB WebGL extension and WebGL 2.0 the conversion from
linear to sRGB should be performed systematically when the framebuffer is
sRGB, at least accoding to OpenGL ES 3.0 specification. On the default
framebuffer, well yes it's complicated and I must say I assumed that WebGL
had something... maybe something I need to investigate. HDR, MSAA is
important but it's different features so I don't want to throw these topics
in the mix, sRGB is already a heated topic enough. :)