[Public WebGL] OES_EGL_image_external Extension proposal

Maksims Mihejevs [email protected]
Tue Oct 11 00:51:26 PDT 2016

Worth mentioning that in web there are multiple sources that have
independent redraw mechanics, that includes video as well as canvas
elements. It might make sense to have single extension for providing direct
access to those sources without need to re-upload it.

I have assumptions that internally in browsers, both video and canvas have
their buffers, so it might lead to very similar implementation as from
internal side as well as from webgl api side.