[Public WebGL] EXT_float_blend

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Tue Jan 3 00:36:55 PST 2017

Please consult "Extension Development Process":
https://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/extensions/

Extension Development Process

Extensions move through four states during their development: *proposed*,
*draft*, *community approved*, and *Khronos ratified*. Every extension
should advance to *Khronos ratified*. If an extension cannot advance
through the extension process it can be *rejected*.

   - *Proposed* extensions are intended for discussion on the public WebGL
   mailing list, in order to move to *draft* status; they should not be
   implemented, even under a vendor prefix. If consensus is reached in the
   community, the extension can be moved to *draft* status.
   - *Draft* extensions may be implemented under a vendor prefix or behind
   a run-time option for experimentation purposes, in order to gain experience
   with the extension before finalizing it. Draft extensions should not be
   exposed by default by WebGL implementations. Once consensus is reached in
   the community, the extension can be moved to *community approved* status.
   - *Community approved* extensions should be implemented without a vendor
   prefix. When a draft extension moves to community approved status, any
   existing implementation should immediately remove support for any
   vendor-prefixed extension name. Once implemented by a vendor, support
   should not be removed unless there is a serious issue with the extension,
   such as a security flaw.
   - *Khronos ratified* extensions are those community approved extensions
   which have been voted upon by the Khronos Board of Promoters.
   - *Rejected* extensions should never be implemented. An extension enters
   *rejected* status because consensus on it could not be reached at the
   *proposal* stage or technical difficulties arise during implementation
   at the *draft* stage. A *community approved* extension can only be
   rejected in extraordinary circumstances. A *Khronos ratified* extension
   cannot be rejected.

-----

The extension has been in proposal since April 2015 with no change. It has
to be assumed that no more specification work is going on with that
extension. If that is so, then this is a finalized specification in
proposal. If it is a finalized specification in proposal and you are
unwilling to promote it to draft, then it is a contentious extension. If it
is a contentious extension, it has to be rejected.

Do you wish to reject this extension?