[Public WebGL] WEBGL_multiview discussion

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Wed Jan 11 09:59:22 PST 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 5:41 PM, Olli Etuaho <oe[email protected]> wrote:

> I agree it’s unintended usage of the extension template, but I’m not sure
> what a better third alternative would be. Would others have suggestions on
> how to organize the proposal better?

Make the extension host all changes including added tokens and functions on
its IDL. Make another pull request to change the WebGL specification which
includes the text in the specification. People who want to do forward
compatibility can polyfill the forward core changes from the extension
object.

> Please read the spec carefully.

Does not include an errors section where errors are usually included,
please draft the specification more carefully. the XML processor has a
directive to describe errors. The errors described in the overviews
sections is... informative, but not formative in regards to errors.

> It says that it is forbidden to call drawBuffer() when an FBO is bound.

See missing errors section.

Also consult the XSLT for the sections:

   - new functions:
   https://github.com/KhronosGroup/WebGL/blob/master/extensions/extension.xsl#L126