[Public WebGL] OES_EGL_image_external Extension proposal

Mark Callow [email protected]
Thu Jan 12 23:33:09 PST 2017

> On Jan 12, 2017, at 15:43, Mark Callow <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I note though that Android’s MediaCodec class provides this capability via its releaseOutputBuffer(bufferId, timestamp) <https://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/MediaCodec.html#releaseOutputBuffer%28int,%20long%29> method.

FWIW, it looks like the behavior of this MediaCodec method is only specified when the codec is connected to a SurfaceView. Nothing is written about the behavior when connected to a SurfaceTexture. This makes sense. Since the application will be responsible for rendering the texture image into the scene, specifying the timestamp to the codec is too early in the chain. Presentation time needs to be specified to the compositor or buffer swapper.

Regards

    -Mark