[Public WebGL] Promote WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb to community approved

Christophe Riccio [email protected]
Sat Jan 14 04:11:22 PST 2017

Hi,

We have been working with Google on WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb
<https://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/extensions/WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb/>to
support linear rendering without compromises either in texture quality
(storing color in linear directly) or performance (doing the gamma to
linear conversion in the shader).

This extension is now supported by Chrome and we are looking forward to see
other implementation as this a big jump in quality for us.

Also we would like to suggest to the WebGL group to promote
WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb to community approved.

Thanks,
Christophe