[Public WebGL] EXT_shader_texture_lod in WebGL2?

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Sat Jan 21 04:36:16 PST 2017

On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 1:32 PM, Maksims Mihejevs <[email protected]>
wrote:

> And more importantly, if any implementation is done, it has to be done not
> using CPU path.
> We've seeing already many enormous issues. For example MSAA with ANGLE has
> CPU path, and is unusable at all, as performance drops insanely. ETC2 was
> another case where CPU path was pushed a lot. And if this happens, for sake
> of "best availability support", you then damaging performance and quality
> so badly, that we even had to disable certain features in webgl2 simply by
> checking "if ANGLE, then no MSAA".

I believe that the failIfMajorPerformanceCaveat should indicate those CPU
paths doesn't it? I've started tracking this on WebGL stats at the end of
december. So at the end of January there'll be a full 30-day window for
that.