[Public WebGL] EXT_shader_texture_lod in WebGL2?

Maksims Mihejevs [email protected]
Sat Jan 21 13:54:04 PST 2017

This suggests they haven't done it:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=658763&desc=2

We wanted to add ETC2 support, but currently blocked by this, as it is
totally unacceptable path: more VRAM (comparing to alternatives) and more
Download size.