[Public WebGL] EXT_shader_texture_lod in WebGL2?

Zhenyao Mo [email protected]
Mon Jan 23 09:18:24 PST 2017

It's not abandoning WebGL1 and we understand the importance of WebGL1 to
developers.

EXT_shader_texture_lod is an extension that's not even exposed in ES3.

In theory we can expose all ES3 functionalities to WebGL1 through emulation
etc, and one can always argue the benefit of exposing this and that. I just
don't see that as a good way of spending our limited engineering resources.