[Public WebGL] Use powerPreference to request high or low power GPUs

Rachid El Guerrab [email protected]
Mon Jul 2 17:37:09 PDT 2018

Hi Dean,

1) Do you have statistics on how many people run WebGL on laptops with dual cards? Just curious why you think it's a small set..

2) I get that I can query the vendor string.
But the webgl committee creates this neat API, and vendors spend time implementing it, to give us some useful abstraction to GPU power, in realtime, which is awesome.
And now you're telling me I should ignore all that work and query the string myself? What's the point then??

My content can adapt in many ways if I know I've switched to a lower profile, at the beginning or dynamically.

But if i don't know, then what's the point? A message to the user that wouldn't know what to do about it?

- Rachid