[Public WebGL] Rendering to HDR displays (10bits per color component)

Javi Agenjo [email protected]
Thu Jul 12 06:08:27 PDT 2018

Something to add is that HDMI 2.0a and forward
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_2.1> supports HDR formats, so
it should be possible by GPU manufacturers to add support for 10bits
front/back buffers just by updating the drivers. Current HDR professional
solutions rely on rendering to a FBO and downloading every frame back to
RAM to send it through some special video card to the HDR display.

Anyway, I guess this request will have to scalate to OpenGL group.

Thanks for your time Florian.