[Public WebGL] EXT_disjoint_timer_query disabled

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Fri Jul 13 04:16:37 PDT 2018

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 6:35 PM, Ken Russell <[email protected]> wrote:

> Chrome has always been returning microsecond resolution for these queries
> rather than nanosecond resolution. In discussion with the GLitch
> researchers, it seems likely that this reduction in precision is sufficient
> – and since no WebGL developer ever complained about low resolution of
> Chrome's timer queries, there's no need to make any changes to the
> precision.

Actually Ken...

I was running some tests on instruction speeds a while back to figure out
optimal codepaths with disjoint timer query and didn't get any result but
noise, so I assumed, it's all the same to the GPU and they're that smart to
even optimize badly written GLSL to "good". Is it perhaps possible I was
just measuring how much you fuzzed my results? Could you please not fuzz my
results?