[Public WebGL] Rendering to HDR displays (10bits per color component)

Florian Bösch [email protected]
Fri Jul 13 11:30:44 PDT 2018

Afaik you cannot create a float16 frontbuffer with OpenGL because WGL's
setPixelFormat function does not support a type argument (only the
bitplanes) but from that it cannot infer what kind of buffer you where
meant to have (other than an integer one).

It looks like you could in theory create a float16 frontbuffer with
Direct3Ds DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_DESC which supports the format argument of the
type DXGI_FORMAT_R16G16B16A16_FLOAT. I have no idea what the hardware
support for that is, or if it even works at all as intended.