[Public WebGL] EXT_disjoint_timer_query disabled

Aleksandar Rodic [email protected]
Sun May 13 09:48:40 PDT 2018

My guess is the extension has been disabled due to recently discovered "
GLitch <https://www.vusec.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/glitch.pdf>"
rowhammer attack vector.

> EXT_DISJOINT_TIMER_QUERY is an OpenGL extension developed to provide
developers with more detailed information about the performance of their
applications [46]. This extension, if made available to the system by the
GPU driver, is accessible from both WebGL and WebGL2, and provides the
JavaScript runtime with two timing sources: (1) TIME_ELAPSED_EXT and (2)
TIMESTAMP_EXT. Such timers allow an attacker to measure the timing of
secret operations (e.g., memory accesses) performed either by the CPU or
the GPU.