[Public WebGL] Multi draw instanced base vertex base instance extension.

Shrek Shao ([email protected]) [email protected]
Thu Oct 24 08:55:09 PDT 2019

Hi Anton

FYI, implementation of base vertex and base instance support is mostly done
in ANGLE and you should be able to try it now. The integration into
chromium is WIP.

The extension has been discussed several times at WebGL Working Group
meeting and was recently moved from proposal to draft. Implementation of
different platforms is there and seems to work fine so far. So from my
perspective it doesn't seem that it would get rejected. Anyone on the
mailing list please correct the statement if necessary.

It's not in chromium yet so it wouldn't work
with enable-webgl-draft-extensions with chrome for now.

Also it would be really helpful if you would like to share some details of
the use case in your engine to help us better understand the scenario. As
so far we receive quite some requests for base vertex base instance feature
from different developers but didn't hear about the use case from them.

Thanks,
Shrek