[Public WebGL] Status of EXT_clip_cull_distance ?

Kevin Rogovin ([email protected]) [email protected]
Tue Jun 2 01:10:21 PDT 2020

Hi,

 There is a small chance that I might be able to get permission from
my employer to implement this, atleast starting at ANGLE. However, I'd
like to make a change request to ease the implementation burden and
enlarge the class of hardware that can support it in native GLES3.
Specifically, I'd like to change the minimum value of
MAX_CLIP_DISTANCES_EXT from 8 to 0 for *just* the WebGL extension. The
motivation is that if the value is 0, for desktop GL one can then
write it for older GL (namely pre 4.x without GL_ARB_cull_distance)
and for GLES3, one needs only the older Apple extension,
GL_APPLE_clip_distance.

What is the proper channel for the change request?

Best Regards,
 -Kevin