[Public WebGL] Status of EXT_clip_cull_distance ?

Kevin Rogovin ([email protected]) [email protected]
Sat Jun 27 03:24:32 PDT 2020

Hi,

The main place is for 2D (UI rendering). One example is in a public
repo, https://github.com/intel/fastuidraw. There, I use HW-clip planes
together with the depth buffer to make clipping changes (severe
changes, like clip against a filled path, rotated rects and so on)
really cheap and almost entirely handled by the GPU. I also find it
really useful for an offscreen rendering technique I use in a current
(but closed source) project. I can emulate with discard, but tests
show that this has a large negative performance impact.

-Kevin